A student may be admitted for career training at NTI Career Institute based on the following criteria:
- Must be years 18 of age and be a high school graduate (6 electives, 4 English, 2 foreign language, 3 math, 2 science, 4 social studies, or a GED certificate) or
- You must have successfully graduated from a state-recognized high school, completed the GED, or have earned a college degree from a college accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Proof of this education must be received within 60 calendar days of enrollment. For your convenience, a high school/college transcript request form is included with this catalog or
- If you have earned the equivalent of 15 semester hours from a college accredited by an accrediting body listed with the U.S. Department of Education, you may apply with the Registrar to have this credit serve as proof of your ability to complete work above high NTI Career Institute level. This proof will serve as a waiver for the high NTI Career Institute evidence of equivalency of high NTI Career Institute completion.
Homeschooled students will be required to take The Iowa Test of basic Skills and must score in the 75 percentile.
To enroll in our career courses, you must be able to read and write English. Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not earned a degree from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction must receive a minimum score of 500 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 61 on the internet-based TOEFL exam), or its equivalent. TOEFL is administered by ETS. Test information can be obtained online at www.toefl .org or by calling (832) 418-2978.
Transcripts not in English must be evaluated by an appropriate third party and translated into English or reviewed by a trained transcript evaluator fluent in the language on the transcript. In this case, the evaluator must have expertise in the educational practices of the country of origin and include an English translation of the review. The student is responsible for any fees related to TOEFL and transcript translation services. Enrollments are accepted on any regular business day. You will receive prompt notification of admission status. If your enrollment is not accepted, all monies will be returned to you.
The enrollment begins on the date the NTI Career Institute received the signed enrollment agreement. If a first term starting date must be postponed, whether at the request of the NTI Career Institute or by you, a written agreement must be signed by you and the NTI Career Institute. The agreement must set forth:
- Whether the postponement is for the convenience of the NTI Career Institute or you, and
- A deadline for the new start date, beyond which the start date will not be postponed. If the program is not commenced, or you do not attend by the new start date as set forth in the agreement, you will be entitled to a full refund of prepaid tuition and fees. The refund will be made within 30 days of the deadline of the new start date set forth in the agreement, determined in accordance with the NTI Career Institute's refund policy and all applicable laws and rules concerning the Private Occupational Education Act of 1981.